Parenting requires all kinds of skills.  There are many organisations available to support you and your child.

For children, a great place to touch base with is your local children's centre.  You can find out about clubs, activities and support from the locality team at your council.

Parents can get great ideas, information and support from the following places:

  • Parent Partnership offers impartial information and advice to support parents to access services and support their families
  • Young Minds offer support and advice to any parent worried about a child or young person’s mental health or wellbeing, they also have a free parent helpline on 0808 802 5544. Parents can get advice on issues such as autism, family relationships, behavioural problems, self harm and eating problems.
  • The NSPCC provide support and advice for parents. This includes positive parenting tips, how to talk to children and young people about sex and what to do if you’re worried about a child. 

Services and activities for parents, carers and young people:

Family Information Service               
Can be contacted on 0345 0451360

Parent Support
If you work with parents and carers for children, please call on 0345 0455200 (Cambridgeshire County Council) who will be able to advise you further.

Cambridgeshire Childcare Information Service
Can be contacted on 0845 0454014

Parenting Programmes

There is a service aimed to help families, parents and carers in Cambridgeshire called Positive Parenting Programme, please call 0776 6070253 for more information.

Under 5’s
For Information and access to services for children aged under 5, and their families, please contact Sure Start children’s centres on 01223 699786.

Youth Clubs
For Huntingdon youth activities, including Fusion at Huntingdon Youth Centre please call 01480 375030.