We let most of our homes to new and existing residents through the Home-Link choice-based lettings scheme. This means our homes are advertised alongside homes from other social landlords in our area.


The Home-Link service covers the areas of:

  • Cambridge City
  • Huntingdonshire District
  • East Cambridgeshire District
  • South Cambridgeshire District
  • Fenland District
  • St Edmundsbury District
  • Forest Heath District.


How to apply

To apply for a home or a transfer through the Home-Link scheme, you need to register on the Home-Link website, or by applying to Huntingdonshire District Council.  Once you’re registered, you’ll be sent a welcome letter with your priority band, which depends on your housing need. You can then bid for empty homes advertised on the Home-Link website.

Please be aware that homes are in short supply and you’re unlikely to succeed unless you have a really serious need for housing.  Even if you’re in a high priority band, you may wait a long time.

You can contact Huntingdonshire District Council on 01480 388222 or 223, email housingreception@huntsdc.gov.uk, or visit www.huntsdc.gov.uk

For more details about homes we are advertising on Home-Link, go to www.home-link.org.uk or email homes@luminus.org.uk.

Existing residents

As well as applying for a transfer, we strongly recommend that you consider looking for a transfer or mutual exchange.