We can help our residents with disabilities by installing minor aids and facilities.

This could include:

  • grab or stair rails
  • lever taps
  • half steps.

If you need a small job doing that is not on this list, we will ask you for a referral from a recognised Occupational Therapist.

We can also assist with work, if:

  • you pay the difference yourself, or
  • you get a disabled facilities grant from your local council – your Occupational Therapist will be able to tell you more about this.

A disabled facilities grant could cover:

  • over-bath showers
  • flat floor showers
  • door-entry ramps and rails
  • stairlifts.

If the aid you need is not part of the structure of your home (for example, you need an electric hoist, internal grab rails or a freestanding shower), you will need to contact Social Services.  Social Services can also help you find an Occupational Therapist.

To discuss this further, please contact us.


Embrace Support Service

If you need help applying for assistive aids for you home and are over the age of 65, the Embrace Support Service can help you access these services. The Embrace service can be contacted on 01480 428561 or embrace@luminus.org.uk.


Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.